Azuma Foods Canada Ltd. – Richmond, BC (Mitchell Island)
We are a growing Japanese food manufacturer/distributor and are looking for an individual who is energetic, motivated and has a desire to learn and advance together with our company.
Terms of Employment:
Regular Work Hours:
Monday– Friday from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Main Job Responsibilities:
– Monitor operation following established Food Safety System requirements
– Update and/or revise Procedures to meet practical needs
– Inspect and/or sample Raw Materials and/or Products
– Conduct in-house Food Safety Trainings
– Assist in Food Safety non-compliance Investigation, Mock Recall, Internal Audit.
– Report to Department Manager when Food Safety/Quality non-conformance is identified
– Report employee health and safety issues or injury to respective department managers/ supervisors, and First Aid Attendant/ Workplace health and Safety committee members.
– Conduct Food Safety system verification, take part in mock recall, internal audit
Details (below is list of job responsibilities, but not limited to those listed)
Reporting to department manager;
a. Prepare foot bath sanitizer daily, and monitor chemical concentration regularly
b. Monitor temperature of thawed materials, storage, coolers & freezers and record results.
c. Verify accuracy of production scales daily and other QC related monitoring equipment and record readings.
d. Personal hygiene / GMP monitoring, record non-compliance.
e. Verify proper function of Metal Detector / X-ray, record inspection results and isolate foreign material contamination when found.
f. Finished product weight check, label check, in-process QA/QC, sensory evaluation &/or bacterial tests.
g. Collect test samples and finished product retain samples.
h. Complete daily facility sanitation inspection and monthly facility inspection checklist.
i. Pest control inspection in addition to the regular pest control by contract service provider.
j. Regular environmental and equipment cleanliness monitoring swabs.
k. Carry out raw material food fraud assessments.
a. Incoming raw material inspection.
b. In–Process QC tests using pH meter, salt meter, brix refractometer.
c. Microbiological tests – products & swabs
d. Sensory evaluation.
Pre-requisites, Knowledge, Skills Requirements:
A. Education and experience
a. Completed minimum 2-year Food Technology, preferably 4-year Food Science or Health Science education.
b. Minimum 3 years food manufacturing industry experience.
c. Knowledge of Health Canada and/or CFIA regulation is an asset.
d. Meet the requirements B – H below.
B. Work well with a team, possess positive attitude and willingness to learn and take responsibility.
C. Sound knowledge and understand GMP / HACCP control.
D. Possess problem solving and logical thinking skills.
E. Attention to detail
F. Have good time management.
G. Proficient in usage of computers, Words, Excel, and Outlook.
H. Able to comunicate in English (speaking, reading, writing), 2nd language will be considered an asset.
If you are interested, please email your resume to: email@example.com