Korean pancake with Tsubukko Takowasabi
Buchimgae (Korean savoury pancake) is quite popular in Japan. Traditional recipes use Chives, Kimchee, or Seafood, but any ingredient works well! This recipe uses Takowasabi for a unique twist!
|"Takowasabi" (raw seasoned octopus)||1 package|
|"Tsubukko Takowasabi" (cooked seasoned octopus)||1 package|
|Leeks||1 inch (minced)|
|Potato Starch||1/4 cup|
|Boiled Shrimp||50 g (small)|
|Chili Flakes||1 tsp|
1. Preheat the pan to Medium heat.
2. Add Flour, Potato Starch, and Water in a large bowl and mix well (no clumps).
3. Mix in “Takowasabi”, Chives, Shrimp, & Chilli Flakes into Flour Mixture to complete Takowasabi Batter.
4. Spread Canola Oil in preheated pan, and pour half of Takowasabi Batter to cook until the edges turn firm.
5. Flip the pancake, and cook until pancake is solid. Add extra Oil around the edge for a nice crispy finish.