Korean Pancake with Tsubukko Tako Wasabi
Buchimgae (Korean savoury pancake) is quite popular in Japan. Traditional recipes use Chives, Kimchee, or Seafood, but any ingredient works well! This recipe uses Tako Wasabi for a unique twist!
|"Tako Wasabi" (raw seasoned octopus)||1 package|
|"Tsubukko Tako Wasabi" (cooked seasoned octopus)||1 package|
|Leeks||1 inch (minced)|
|Potato Starch||1/4 cup|
|Boiled Shrimp||50 g (small)|
|Chili Flakes||1 tsp|
1. Preheat the pan to Medium heat.
2. Add Flour, Potato Starch, and Water in a large bowl and mix well (no clumps).
3. Mix in “Tako Wasabi”, Chives, Shrimp, & Chilli Flakes into Flour Mixture to complete Tako Wasabi Batter.
4. Spread Canola Oil in preheated pan, and pour half of Tako Wasabi Batter to cook until the edges turn firm.
5. Flip the pancake, and cook until pancake is solid. Add extra Oil around the edge for a nice crispy finish.