Tianjin-style Takowasabi Omelett rice
Only 10 minutes to serve! Authentic Chinese-inspired Japanese dish with our Original Takowasabi.
|Tako Wasabi||Tbsp 1-2|
|Cooked Rice||for 1 serve|
|Green Onion||for garnish|
|Soy sauce||1 Tbsp|
|Starch + water||1/2tbsp + 1/2 tbsp|
1. Warm up the pan to medium heat. Pour the oil and spread it on the pan.
2. Once the oil is warm, pour the mixed egg and cook till your preference. Keep the circle shape, be careful not to mix too much.
3. Place cooked rice on the plate, put the cooked egg on the rice.
4. Now move on to the sauce: in the small pot, mix Ponzu, dashi, soy sauce, mirin and water. Once the mixture starts boiling, stop removing from the heat and pour starch and water mixture. Mix well.
5. If you prefer the sauce to be harder, put it back to the heat while mixing constantly.
6. Pour the sauce onto the rice/ egg bowl then garnish with Takowasabi and green onion. If you prefer something spicy, it is good to add crushed chilli too!