Mentai Karubo Toast
Inspired by "Spaghetti Carbonara", this Japanese creation from Nagoya prefecture uses Toast instead of Pasta. Crispy Toast complements the signature creamy flavour of Egg, Cheese, Pork, and Pepper. Our version adds Mushroom & Mentai Cod Roe Paste for extra Umami!
Adjust quantity to your preference
|Bread||4 Slices (thick)|
|Gouda Cheese, shredded||200 g|
|Black Pepper||1/8 Tsp|
|White Wine||1 Tbsp|
|Shimeji Mushroom||100 g|
|Bell Pepper||1/4 (optional)|
|"Mentai Paste"||4 Tbsp|
1. Melt Butter in a pan, and sautée sliced Bacon, Onion, and Shimeji Mushroom on medium heat.
2. Add White Wine and cook for about a minute.
3. Mix Cream and Eggs in a bowl, and slowly add to sautéed vegetables.
4. Add shredded Gouda Cheese. Stir & simmer until sauce is thickened.
5. Remove the pan from heat, add "Mentai Paste", and stir.
6. Toast the Bread and spread 1 Tsp Butter on each piece.
7. Plate the Toast and pour over the Sauce.
You may also like: