Tianjin-style Tako Wasabi Omelet Rice
We created this exciting Chinese-Japanese fusion dish! Known as "Tenshin" in Japanese, Creamy Omelet and spicy Tako Wasabi is a surprisingly tasty combination.
|"Tako Wasabi"||2 Tbsp|
|Steamed Rice||1 cup|
|Canola Oil||1/2 Tsp|
|Ponzu (Citrus Soy Sauce)||1 Tbsp|
|Dashi (Bonito/Kelp)||1/8 Tsp|
|Soy Sauce||1 Tbsp|
|Mirin (sweet rice wine)||1 Tbsp|
|Potato Starch + Water||1/2 Tbsp (each)|
|Green Onion||(for garnish)|
|Chili Flakes||(to taste)|
1. Heat a pan to medium high, and coat with Canola Oil.
2. Beat 2 Eggs in a small bowl, and make an Omelet.
3. In a bowl, plate 1 cup Steamed Rice; then add Omelet.
4. Prepare Sauce: Mix all liquid seasonings (Ponzu, Dashi, Soy Sauce, Mirin, Water) in a small pan, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, slowly add Potato Starch + Water mixture while stirring to thicken the sauce.
5. Pour the Sauce over Omelet, and garnish with “Tako Wasabi”, Green Onion, and Chili Flakes.