Shime Saba Oshi Sushi
"Oshizushi" is a type of sushi prepared by tightly pressing into a Stick or Bar shape. Originated in Southern Kansai region, toppings are usually seasoned or preserved (compared to Northern Edo-mae style "Nigiri" using fresh fish).
|"Shime Saba" (Vinegar Cured Mackerel)||1 Fillet|
|Steamed Rice||1 Cup|
|Rice Vinegar||4 Tsp|
|Sushi Ginger||(for garnish)|
1. To prepare Sushi Rice, mix Rice Vinegar, Sugar, and Salt in a small bowl, and pour over Steamed Rice. Use a fan to cool down Sushi Rice to room temperature.
2. Place “Shime Saba” fillet skin-side down on Sushi Mat.
3. Add Sushi Rice on top and tightly roll.
4. Keep refrigerated for at least 3 hours before cutting.
5. This sushi is well-seasoned and can be enjoyed without Soy Sauce. Serve with Wasabi and Sushi Ginger for garnish.